Mountain Field Farm - Just minutes from the villages of The Plains and Marshall, nestled down a quiet, dead-end gravel road, is this wonderfully private farm encompassing 30+ acres in two parcels. Every imaginable amenity comes standard on this property including an enchanting custom-built log, frame and stucco 5-bedroom, 3.5 bath home with an attached garage. Although built in 1988, the house exudes charm like an antique home because materials from an 1840s log cabin were incorporated throughout - which include logs, beams, hardwood flooring, mantels and doors. The home is surrounded by extensive hardscaping that provides multiple entertainment spaces that take in the swimming pool with distant mountain views. A separate Guest House between the main house and the barn features a 1-bedroom, 1 bath apartment with a full kitchen & living room. Also in this building is a Game Room or workout space along with a workshop and garage space below. The barn has 6-stalls with a heated tack room, wash stall and a wide, all-brick center aisle. Other out-buildings include two run-in sheds, a footed riding ring, six fenced paddocks, a separate dry lot, and small chicken coop. A small creek meanders through the bottom of the property. Farm is currently enrolled in the Marshall/Warrenton Agricultural & Forestal District. An ideal commuter location just minutes to I-66, 45 minutes to Dulles International Airport and 1 hour to downtown Washington DC. Turn key! (Enjoy the video - https://vimeo.com/393003367).
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
3 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Electric Water Heater, Private Water
Septic, Gravity Septic System, Private Sewer System
3,868 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Fauquier County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Office, Mud Room, Breakfast Room
- Country Kitchen
- Exhaust Fan/Hood, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Microwave, Ice Maker
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air, Zone, Central.
- 3. Mantle, Stone, Wood-burning, Wood Stove.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, wine storage, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Driveway.
- Stucco, Log
- Deck, Enclosed, Porch, Screened-in
- Pool Description
- In-ground, Child safety fence, Filtered
- Lot View
- Mountain, Scenic, Valley, Pasture
- Board Fence, Full
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building, Playground, Fountain, Paddock, Additional Lot(s), Landscaped. Additional Lot(S), Backs To Trees, Landscaping, No Thru Street, Partly Wooded, Private, Secluded, Stream/Creek.
- Community Amenities
- Horse Trails
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)