Looking for your private retreat in the country? West Riding is it. This stunning renovated country home presents a masterpiece of Old World charm coupled with a sophisticated, contemporary design. The house is made up of thoughtful additions anchored by a 1700s log cabin on 25 open yet rolling acres. It offers 3+ bedrooms, 3 full baths and 2 half baths. New gourmet Kitchen with cathedral ceiling opens to a glass-filled Family Room that overlooks the gardens and pool. Prominent in the kitchen is the fully exposed dual sided fieldstone fireplace. Other rooms include a paneled library with fireplace, formal living room filled on one side with 3 sets of french doors, formal dining room with a fireplace, and a cozy den with exposed log walls and a fireplace. The redesigned main level master suite has a new walk-in closet and luxury bath with his & her vanities, glass shower and cast iron tub. Exquisite details were used in this extensive renovation that added antique hardwood flooring, new lighting, new windows and doors, Bevolo gas lanterns on the exterior and so much more. Just as beautiful as the interior renovations are the surrounding mature gardens that were designed by the late renowned landscape designer Jane MacLeish. Other features include a swimming pool, fenced vegetable garden, attached 2-car garage with new office space or guest suite above, separate 1 BR guest house, 5-stall barn, fenced paddocks, run-in sheds, large equipment shed and a riding ring (222' x 112'). Wonderfully private yet only minutes to nearby The Plains, Middleburg or Marshall and easy access to I-66. The farm is made up of 3 parcels not in easement. (Excellent easement potential). In Orange County Hunt territory with great ride out. (Be sure to see the visual tour: https://vimeo.com/406331030). See floor plans and site plan available.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Cottage, Traditional, Other, 1-1/2 Story
3 Full/2 Half
Electric Water Heater, Private Water Service, Well
Septic, Private Sewer System
4,429 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Fauquier County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Foyer, Office, Library, Mud Room
- Master Bathroom, Studio Efficiency
- Butler Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Range Hood, Appliance Center, Six Burner Range, Water Treatment System
- Hardwood, Tile, Marble, Ceramic Tile, Carpet, Stone
- Central Air, Electric
- Gas Heat. Heat Pump.
- Partial, Poured
- 4. Gas Burning, Insert, Mantle, Stone, Brick.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, wine storage, Beamed
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Stone Driveway, Private, Circular Driveway.
- Patio, Porch, Breezeway
- Pool Description
- Child safety fence, In-ground
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Pasture
- Board Fence, Full, Privacy Fence, Masonry
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Flood Lights, Out Building, Paddock, Landscaped, Back Yard. Cleared, Landscaping, Open, Private, Rear Yard, Secluded.
- Community Amenities
- Horse Trails
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)